Learn about bankruptcy protections, types of bankruptcy, how to get started, what to expect, and who to trust. Filing bankruptcy is the ONLY way to completely eliminate debt. If bankruptcy is right for you, it offers powerful protections that cannot be achieved through alternative solutions such as hardship relief, loans, or debt settlement.
Everyone deserves a chance for a fresh start. At Debt Advisors Law Offices, we pride ourselves in making the bankruptcy process easy. Take advantage of our solid advice and bankruptcy expertise. We never push bankruptcy. We provide thorough explanations and transparency to allow you to make the decision best for you and your family. Furthermore, we help prevent mistakes that commonly happen when folks try to file bankruptcy on their own.
There are two main types of consumer bankruptcy; Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. People who file for bankruptcy have tried to get out of debt unsuccessfully. They feel trapped by the enormous stress that excessive debts and bill collectors can bring. If bankruptcy is right for you, it’s our job to determine which type of bankruptcy you qualify for.
- Chapter 7 is one of them; commonly called “liquidation” bankruptcy. You’ll need to pass a “means test” to file Chapter 7. A bankruptcy attorney will coach you through this step. In addition, there are income levels and other requirements which need to be met in order to qualify for this type of bankruptcy. However, ch.7 bankruptcy is quick. Another wonderful thing about chapter 7 is that it will discharge most of your unsecured debt. This means that you could potentially eliminate all debt.
- Chapter 13 is another common type of bankruptcy. This option is often referred to as “debt restructuring and repayment.” Your bankruptcy attorney will work with banks and other creditors for a repayment plan that is more reasonable. Over several years, you’ll pay back a portion of your debt. But, most people are surprised at how well Debt Advisors can work to bring down the debt to a more reasonable amount. These negotiations will end in a plan that clearly benefits you and your family.
Wisconsin State Or Federal Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy can be filed at a state or federal level, depending upon which one best fits your situation. At Debt Advisors we are versed in Wisconsin Bankruptcy laws as well as federal bankruptcy laws. We provide effective and efficient bankruptcy advice and guidance every day. If there are alternative options that may benefit you, we’ll let you know what those are. It’s important to fully understand the truth about how bankruptcy can protect you so that you can eliminate debt for good. When you’re ready to move forward with bankruptcy, it’s important to us that you are feeling confident about that decision.
Take That First Step
Filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is not complicated or scary if you have an experienced attorney on your side. Google reviews will support the fact that many Wisconsin residents have filed bankruptcy, and are grateful they did. The awakening is to realize there is a financial problem that is out of control. The difficult part is coming to own the mistakes or life situations that brought you to this point. Life happens, and sometimes it is unfair. People who seek bankruptcy advice and eventually file bankruptcy are not bad people. On the contrary, people who look for solutions to their problems are brave and honorable. Once you realize this, it should be easier to take that first step. Talk with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Benefit from credit counseling. We offer both virtual and in-person meeting options. Simply fill out the “start right here” form on this page.
Our focus at Debt Advisors is bankruptcy and the bankruptcy process. We want to set the record straight regarding the truth about bankruptcy and why so many find it life-changing. On that thought, there are many things your attorney will discuss with you while considering bankruptcy. It’s extremely important to be open and honest about your financial situation. When bankruptcy is the best resolution for your debt problems, it’s our job to make the process as quick and painless as possible. Here are the first few actions that you can expect to happen at the beginning of the bankruptcy process:
- You retain one of our attorneys to represent you
- All of requested paperwork & documents have been received
- There is a petition to declare bankruptcy filed by your attorney
Bankruptcy Services & Fees
The best advice is to hire an experienced attorney for the efficient and effective handling of a bankruptcy petition. You’ll find that hiring a Debt Advisors attorney is far more affordable than many other bankruptcy law firms. However, some clients still question how to afford bankruptcy services when they’re already overwhelmed with debt. That issues is resolved when they learn that we do everything in our power to work with the unique financial situation of every client. Payment plans, a “sliding fee scale,” and other creative ideas are available to cover our professional services.
Here’s our commitment about fees:
- We keep our fees as low as possible.
- Provide transparency & honesty about fees.
- Help find creative ways to pay for services.
- Ensure that you receive the financial relief that you and your family need.
Debt Advisors Law Offices
Debt Advisors Law Offices is a debt relief agency that files for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. To effectively represent clients in bankruptcy we are both effective litigators and negotiators. Our attorneys offer a very in-depth understanding of bankruptcy laws and an enormous amount of experience with the bankruptcy process. Take advantage of your free initial consultation. Myths and fears about bankruptcy that often prevent people from seeking debt-relief solutions are addressed upfront. Fees are discussed openly and guidance is detailed.