Madison Bankruptcy and Debt Elimination Advice Lawyer
Milwaukee ● Madison ● Oshkosh ● Green Bay ● Sheboygan ● Racine & Kenosha
Whether you are looking for relief from credit card debt, help with unmanageable pay day loans, or you are considering bankruptcy, there are no shortage of debt elimination scams and unscrupulous agencies preying upon the desperation of those looking for help with their financial burdens. Many promise quick fixes that seem too good to be true-mostly because they are.
Unlike many debt consolidation agencies offering faceless communication and wild promises, the experienced debt relief attorneys at Debt Advisors, S.C. are always glad to meet with you, face-to-face, at your convenience. We provide practical advice and guidance to help you resolve your financial dilemma.
Contact one of our four Wisconsin offices serving the bankruptcy needs of individuals throughout Milwaukee County, Dane County, Brown County, Winnebago County and surrounding areas.
Practical Ways to Avoid Debt Consolidation Scams
Dealing with debt is stressful enough without feeling pressured by those helping you find solutions. While our firm offers reassurance and empathizes with clients, others are only interested in making money at your expense. We offer the following tips on how to avoid getting scammed:
- Ask questions – any valid debt consolidation agency should openly answer all your questions in easy to understand language; don’t be afraid to ask they anything you feel is relevant.
- Protect private information – debt agencies do not need your social security number, account numbers and other personal data to help you; don’t offer it.
- Verify legitimacy – check with the Wisconsin Attorney General’s Office or Federal Trade Commission, and find out if any complaints have been filed against them at the Better Business Bureau.
- Compare fees – regardless of any monthly fees, all creditors give debt agencies comparable deals, so fees and interest rates should be similar; lower fees often mean higher rates
- Avoid “quick fix” promises – there are no instant cures for getting out of debt and it’s important to be wary of anyone promising quick results
- Get proposals in writing – legitimate agencies will gladly provide a debt consolidation proposal in writing, with details about interest rates, fees and more
Dealing with debt consolidation agencies can feel like listening to a sales pitch. If you call, let them know you will have to talk it over with someone before agreeing to anything and you will call them back. Our debt management attorneys urge you to consider all the details before making a decision.
Talk to Us about Your Debt Consolidation Concerns
Resolving your debt problems can be intimidating. We can help ease your burden with sound advice and assistance from qualified attorneys skilled in debt relief and the bankruptcy code. Contact Debt Advisors, S.C. today to schedule a confidential appointment to discuss your needs.
We are a Debt Relief Agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.